Monday, January 2, 2012

Myndee Corkern



Hi! I’m Myndee. I’m a part time student and full time staff member at Loyola University. I have two young children, and one on the way (due any day now). My kids and my job keep me very busy. Last summer, I took Professor McCay’s Writing About Literature online course and really enjoyed it. I was very excited to learn about another opportunity to take an online English class. I have never attempted to “read a film” before, or see films for more than entertainment, so I am looking forward to finding out a new way to see and understand movies.

I’ve always liked to write, pretty much since I can remember. When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer, but I didn’t know exactly what that meant. I just knew I liked writing stories, or writing papers to convince people why I was right about something! I’m not sure if I’ll ever be a writer, but I do write on a daily basis for work, for fun, and for school. I am not ruling out a future where writing in some aspect will be more of a career, but I don’t know if that will happen. For now, I’m content with my little “mommy blog” I have, and with continuing to take English courses at Loyola.

I hope to somehow incorporate the writing skills I acquire into my life, whether it is through freelance writing, improvements with my current job, or simply having the knowledge to help my children with their schoolwork.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, again, Myndee. Let me know when your baby is due. All the best and welcome back.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete